4 Jul 2003

well today at work the natives have asked me to fill in a small piece of paper, ticking boxes as i go along... declaring that I am aware of and that i am going to abide by the rules and regulations of the organisation...

now! when i put my signature to it, it kinda makes it legally binding, isn't that correct. my concern is that i will as a result of error or mis-judgemnet fail to comply with one of the rules and then be reprimanded or even worse dragged through the courts...

these multiple lists have been drawn up with out my knowledge or involvement and have in the past been known to change without prior consultation. So this results in myself and my fellow workers having to abide by rules that we don't even know exist. its all getting very Kafkaesque on this little island.

the particular co-worker handed me the said sheet of paper in an off hand manner. as if it was the replacement roll for the bathroom. are the others unaware of the implications? there is a meeting soon and i shall try to 'speak' today again. wish me luck....

No comments: